Can I obtain my military service records from the Veterans History Project?

No. The Veterans History Project is a voluntary oral history program and does not handle veterans’ official service records, benefits or healthcare. Please see the VHP Field Kit [PDF, 510 KB] for a list of helpful resources. This page on Finding Service Records may also prove helpful.

Last Updated: Jun 24, 2020
Views: 20

Learn More

Follow Us

Please Note

We cannot provide service records for veterans (contact the National Archives); advice on veteran benefits (contact the Department of Veterans Affairs).

For general information on military history, contact our general reference librarians.

Additional Ways to Contact Us

Send written correspondence to:

Veterans History Project
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20540