How can I copyright my music?

The Performing Arts Reading Room provides access to the Music Division's collections, but the Copyright Office handles the process of copyright registration. The website for the U.S. Copyright Office offers a wealth of information on copyright, including a page of frequently asked questions

Consult the Copyright Office Circulars specific to performing arts or contact the Copyright Office for questions on copyrighting your music. 

Last Updated: Aug 31, 2020
Views: 0

Learn More

Follow Us

Additional Ways to Contact Us

Send written correspondence to:

Music Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, D.C.  20540-4710