Can I reset or recover my password for the catalog?
If you have forgotten your password for the Library of Congress catalog, you can retrieve it or reset it.
From the catalog home page…
- Click the small “login” link at the top right.
- Select Account Info.
- Below the row of buttons (cancel, clear, & login) click “forgot your password.”
- Enter your last name as it appears on your researcher ID card; enter your account number.
- In a few minutes check your email; a message should appear with your current password in it.
- Return to Account Info and log in with your last name, account number and password.
- To change your password, select “change password” link on the screen that appears right after you have successfully logged in to the catalog.
All items lent from the Library of Congress collections must be used on borrowing library premises.
Additional Ways to Contact Us
Send written correspondence to:
Researcher Engagement and General Collections Division
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C. 20540-4660
Return books via FedEx or UPS to:
Library of Congress, CALM Division 4670
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20540-4670