Where can I find information about household assistance programs funded by the American Rescue Plan Act?
ARPA allocates funding to help individuals and families who have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic with household expenses. Various provisions of the Act set aside funding to assist with rent and mortgage payments, utility bills, child care services, and needs specific to older adults, among other programs.
ARPA also expands the child tax credit for eligible households and outlines the criteria to receive direct economic impact payments of up to $1,400 per person. For more information about taxes and economic impact payments, see the Law Library’s related ARPA FAQs on those topics.
- Food and Nutrition
- FACT SHEET: United States Department of Agriculture Provisions in H.R. 1319, the American Rescue Plan – USDA
- SNAP Provisions in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – USDA
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – USDA
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – Benefits.gov
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) – USDA
- Resources for Renters – HUD
- Information on Forbearance for Homeowners – HUD
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program –Department of the Treasury
- Housing Assistance in American Rescue Plan Act Will Prevent Millions of Evictions, Help People Experiencing Homelessness External – Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Emergency Rental Help Just Got A $20 Billion Bump—Here’s What Renters Should Know External – Forbes
- HAC Celebrates Signing of American Rescue Plan Act External – Housing Assistance Council
- Office of Child Care – HHS
- Child Care Relief Funding in American Rescue Plan: State-by-State Estimates External – The Center for Law and Social Policy
- Congress Passes American Rescue Plan with $39 Billion in Child Care Relief External – First Five Years Fund
- Older Adults and Disabled Persons
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Administration for Community Living
- Aging and Disability Networks – Administration for Community Living
- The American Rescue Plan and Home and Community-based Care External – LeadingAge
- American Rescue Plan: A Step Toward Social Justice for Seniors External – National Council on Aging
- 5 Ways Biden’s “American Rescue Plan” Could Help People With Disabilities External – Forbes
Additional resources may be added to this FAQ when/if sites are updated to reflect ARPA.
Additional Ways to Contact Us
Send written correspondence to:
The Law Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue
Washington, DC 20540-4860
We cannot provide legal advice, interpretation, or analysis which could be interpreted as the practice of law; extensive bibliographies or legislative histories; or answers for student homework assignments.